Ring of Fire is based in the Pacific Northwest, a region known for its volcanic activity.
Director Jason Wells founded the group in 1997 in Hillsboro, Oregon. The group is an independent
self-funded organization which is comprised of 13 members widely known for their fiery music,
a unique spirited style, and their ability to perform their entire repertoire from memory!
Their performance is an explosive combination of exuberant youth, an energetic director, and the
brilliance of 61 bronze bells!
Since its beginning 8 years ago while based at Tualatin Valley Jr. Academy, Ring of Fire has
performed in 33 states, 8 countries, and with many national artists and musical organizations
including a recent performance with Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops in Symphony Hall.
They have been seen on national and international television with multiple appearances on the
Hour of Power from the Crystal Cathedral, the CBS Early Show in NYC, and on TBN Christmas Day 2004.
Their adventures around the globe have been covered on radio, TV, and print with organizations
such as CNN, MSNBC, FOX, the Boston Globe, and Wall Street Journal.
Highlight performances include:
- Boston Pops Holiday TV Concert - 2003
- Oregon Symphony Holiday Concert - 2003
- The American Church in Paris - 2003
- Regent Hall, London - 2003
- The CBS Early Show - 2003
- "The Wondrous Gift" Christmas TV Special - 2004
- St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC post 9-11
- NBA Basketball Game - 2001
- With US Army Orchestra near Pentagon - 2001
- Presidential Inaugural Ball - 2001
Ring of Fire has produced two performance videos, two CDs, and a DVD.
You can find them on Our Recordings page.